Click anywhere YELLOWand/orBLUE below to HEARand/orSEE:
- Name -- is the name i have chosen to or to not identify with myself. This project is an experiment in my own vulnerability, fear, and honesty in a public setting; an attempt to questionably reach out for better or worse. Rituals have included burning money in prayers to unite material and spiritual worlds, devil/clown/angel/shadow plays with Jungian/Campbell slants towards the dream/waking world, as well as exploring mythical archetypes to break personal boundaries in order "touch the eternal" in a self-initiating way. I don't know why i perform, or what i think i have to say that i believe is important enough to make these public cries but asking the question aloud is an experience in discovering how good or bad art may actually be for myself.
- BE -- is a perfomance/sonic composition/improv group that i lead with the exception that any rule given can be broken. with this group, i explore the difficulties of being a leader who wants autonomy and independence while understanding the power of a team. the members change depending on schedule and the desire to engage with this form of freedom bound by physical, emotional, and mental states. The first performance with this group was based around a Psychomagic act i was given by Moreno Fazari while i was in france during september of 2014. Performances with this group are rare and have been put aside for other projects, although some recordings will be surfacing soon.
- BatMagik -- A drum/drone solo project that revolved around concepts of healing, trances, and not much else. Its a sort of ritual drum trance state which i usually perform solo with/out a drone, and occasionally with others. This project morphed into Name (see above).
- K^REN - the first band i played drums in and we did it for a couple of years,,, technically we are still a band although Dak moved back to YouTah -- we put out a lot of "good" crap that you can eat for breakfast; next to your eggs and bacons. checky-herey
- Cartoon People -- a project with some great people that i had to bow out of to do some other projects although i had a great experience playing with these folks and making and recording drums on the album (scott and monica made this great video)
- Exit Bag -- was a "bummer punk" band i was in with my good friend Mick Crosby from Prison Libary (and a bunch of other bands), may he rest in peace, and Yacob who is in many amazing bands worth checking out.
- Paco/Ono -- this is the first band i played with in the Bay Area back in 2010. also the first band i sang for. I played bass and wrote all the lyrics for this.
- Heroin Stadium -- this band was my introduction to noise and improv. I played a bunch of random stuff in this band with my brother Zack and Drew. then Drew and i moved to Oakland where he started twin steps and golden drugs.